Jill Popowski, PT, MPT, CCVT (Certificate of Competence in Vestibular Therapy)
"The Dizzy PT"
Most Recent Accomplishments:
- Completion of Advanced Level training in John F. Barnes Myofascial Release technique in February 2020
- Completion of training for Certification in Vestibular Therapy (CCVT)- May 2019.
Bio: I have been practicing physical therapy for over 29 years in the Corvallis area, and have special interests and advanced training in neurology, balance disorders, fall risk reduction, and Vestibular Rehabilitation therapy. Over time my practice has evolved to incorporate manual therapy, emphasizing the Myofascial Release (JFB MFR) technique, which I have found achieves improved outcomes, quicker results, and greater patient satisfaction than other traditional therapy methods alone.
SPECIALIZATION: Vertigo and dizziness, imbalance/unsteadiness, motion sensitivity, visual or sound disturbances and sensitivity, fall prevention, geriatrics, neurological disorders, and also manual therapy for the management of muscle and joint pain, headaches, injury/accident, movement, joint and mobility restrictions.
Professionally, I enjoy complex patients and excel at individualizing patient programs to best meet patient-specific needs, goals, and limitations (medical, physical, age-related, cognitive/emotional).
Personally, I enjoy gardening, walking/hiking, traveling, strength-training, reading, music, and spending time with my family and friends.
- Provide highly skilled, holistic, one-on-one, patient-centered and individualized care.
- Encourage patient involvement in developing plan of care including patient participation with self-care at home, and in creating home/gym exercise program to best meet your lifestyle and goals.
- Flexibility in therapy plan of care as appropriate to promote success and to enable time- and cost-effectiveness for patients.
2018 , 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022
Best of Corvallis Award
for Physical Therapist
by Corvallis Award Program
APTA (American Physical Therapy Association)
Neurology Special Section of APTA
Vestibular Special Interest Group, Neurology Section (APTA)
Private Practice Section of APTA
OPTA (Oregon Physical Therapy Association)
VEDA (Vestibular Disorders Association)
360* Neuro Health
CCVT (Certificate of Competency in Vestibular Therapy) 2019
MPT (Master's of Physical Therapy) from University of Puget Sound in 1994
BA in Asian Studies from University of Puget Sound in 1988
Is it time for you to make a healthy and positive choice
to feel better and enjoy life again?
If you are ready for change,
contact me and let me help you live life better!
Jill Popowski, PT, MPT, CCVT